Billed Usage for Academic Users on all HLRS Platforms
- In each institute/department there's a single contact person (Institute's Administrator), who takes care of all the following.
- If there's nobody yet, someone has to be nominated. Please use this contact-form to define the contact person.
- The contact person has access to the administration interface (password restricted).
- Through this interface, the contact person can define new projects and new user-logins.
- Accounting is done through projects. Each user is associated to a default project. A user can have billed projects as well as reviewed projects simultaneously.
- Each project is associated with a group id, a group name, and an account name.
- The account name is identical to the group name.
- The default project is defined by the default group id.
- If a user is logged-in to a system he/she can use the command id to see all group ids and associated group names.
- With each compute job submission, the accounting project can be specified. Please see the online documentation for more information.
- If a user is associated with more than one project, the user is responsible to always use the correct project.
There's no retroactive change of the project affiliation fo a job.
As service, we provide an unofficial consolidated version of the "Entgeltordnung"
Budget at University of Stuttgart:
Members of the Universität Stuttgart might already have a computing budget as part of the institute's budget. Institutes of the Universität Stuttgart, can apply for a computing budget at the central administration of the university (Dezernat V, Finanzen)