Vacancy Note, Data Analyst
The High Performance Computing Center Stuttgart (HLRS) is the first national supercomputing center in Germany. It offers services and support in the area of High Performance Computing to users from academia, research and industry. Additionally HLRS is one of the world leading institutions in the research fields of Supercomputing, Grid and Cloud Computing, and a member in the Cluster of Excellence on Simulation Technologies.
For exploring novel solutions in the field of data management and data analyses focusing on highly scalable applications in the scope of European funded research projects carried out at HLRS we offer vacant positions as
Research Assistant, TV-L 13
The contracts are restricted according to German law (WissZeitVG). The salary is determined by the regulations for public servants, specifically TV-L.
As a member of the group “Service Management and Business Processes (SANE)” you will perform tasks in research and development projects. Candidates have the opportunity to do a PhD.
Candidates need to have:
· A university degree combined with relevant working experience.
· Self-initiative, team spirit and creativity.
· Interest in new topics.
· Experience with data analytics, related to Cloud- and HPC infrastructures.
· Highly developed programming skills for intense parallel applications.
· A very good command of English.
Ideal candidates additionally have:
· Conceptual experience and expert knowledge regarding design tools.
· Skills and experience in the field of workflow management.
· Experience regarding integration of data streams.
· Experience with platforms such as Hadoop, Spark or Storm.
· Skills in the field of HPC/Cloud server administration.
We offer to candidates:
· A modern working environment.
· A very positive working climate in a highly motivated team.
· Manifold training opportunities.
· Various sport activities from the University of Stuttgart.
· Comprehensive social contribution from the public sector.
You can apply to the position until 31st August 2015, quoting reference HLRS_06_2015, to the following addresses:
Höchstleistungsrechenzentrum Stuttgart, c/o Agnes Lampke, Nobelstraße 19, 70569 Stuttgart or with an email with the number of the position desired in the subject line to: bewerbungen[at]hlrs.de, University of Stuttgart
Interviews of prospective candidates will be conducted between 31st August and 18th September 2015.
In an effort to strengthen the presence of female workers in the scientific areas, the University of Stuttgart invites women to apply for these job opening. Full-time positions may be turned into part-time positions. Disabled people will have priority as long as equally qualified. The recruitment process will be made through the central administration department (Rektoramt).