I have been involved in the following international projects:
- S(o)OS - Service-oriented Operating Systems
- ECOUSS - Effiziente und offene Compiler Umgebung für Semantisch annotierte parallele Simulationen
- BREIN - Business objective driven REliable and Intelligent grids for real busiNess
- CoSpaces - Innovative Collaborative Work Environment for Design and Engineering
- TrustCoM - An environment for trust, security and contract management in B2B collaborations
- GrASP - Grid Application Service Provision
Over the last years, my research orientation has changed from Web Services to Operating Systems:
2009 Modular Operating Systems
In particular the monolithic and hierarchical structure of current operating systems thereby prevents that the individual cores / compute nodes are exploited to their maximum: loss occurs through communication overhead, OS jitter, incompatibility with new processor models etc. The Modular OS research builds on the lessons learned from Service Oriented Architectures, Distributed Systems and High Performance Computing to devise a new, modular microkernel operating system architecture that fits into the individual core’s cache along with the main execution environment of process segments.
- Operating System Architectures
- Automatic code parallelisation, concurrency identification
- Intelligent code / data segmentation & distribution
- Resource analysis
- Distributed execution
2008 Holistic Infrastructures
The classical layered architecture model can not deal efficiently with the replication of concerns across various levels of the stack: progress is being made on all these layers individually thus leading to an increasing degree of divergence between them and implicitly to usage problems across.
- Merging software stacks
- Conflict identification and resolution
- Invocation across stacks
2006 Messaging Infrastructures
A specific obstacle to further uptake of the Grid infrastructures consists in the inefficiency of the messaging systems: interoperability and standard interfaces come at the cost of communication overhead.
- Pubscribe messaging
- Push & pull modes of delivery
- Gateway based filtering and routing
2004 SLA Management
Service provisioning over the web is essentially identical to any business relationship. Accordingly, the provider has to maintain a certain quality in exchange for the payment received.
- Resource monitoring
- Automated reaction to monitoring events according to contracts
- Legal aspects of electronic contracts
- Pre-emptive monitoring to prevent contract breaches
Find the full list of publications on Mendeley