Prof. Dr.-Ing. Stefan Wesner
Director of the Communication and Information Centre (kiz) at University of Ulm
Director of the Institute for Organisation and Management of Information Systems (OMI) at University of Ulm
Selected Research Projects during my time at HLRS
Distributed computing and Grids
- Principal Investigator in the large scale projects OPTIMIS and BonFire
- Technical Coordinator of the Integrated Project BREIN merging the concepts of Multi Agent Systems, Semantics and Grid Computing towards really useable Grids.
- Principal Investigator for HLRS in BEinGrid (please visit also IT-Tude) the largest ICT project currently funded (to my knowledge please proof me wrong) with almost hundred project partners.
- Principal Investigator for HLRS in IRMOS project aiming to bring Realtime to SOA based solutions realising a real end-to-end QoS
- Member of Challengers where I contributed to the roadmap how "Grids" (or whatever they will be called by this time) may look like in 2020
High Performance Computing
- Principal Investigator for HLRS of the Partnership for Advanced Computing in Europe (PRACE) bringing together the major computing centre in Europe to build the ground for HPC of the future
- Coordinator of the national research project Tools for Intelligent System Management for Very Large Computing Systems (TIMaCS) realizing knowledge based management tools for next generation computing systems.
- Coordinator of the national research project IMEMO
Knowledge Management and Engineering
- Principal Investigator for HLRS in the Large Knowledge Collider (LarKC) bringing semantic reasoning to the next level
- Principal Investigator for HLRS for plugIT