Free test access
You can get a free account on the National Supercomputers for testing your software and preparing a proposal for a research project. Access from outside Europe (EU) is restricted.
Rules for the test-account
To get a test account, the following rules must be explicitly commited in the form below:
- Test accounts can be given only to members of European (EU) public research institutions.
- The free test accounts are limited. You can consume a resource contingent of 50.000 core-hours on the granted hardware platforms. In the calculation of the used compute time, the node hours are always multiplied with the available number of cores, i.e., unused cores will also be charged
- The project time is limited to 6 months. If you don't apply for a follow-up project within this period then your project will be canceled and all data will be removed.
- The account may be used only for testing of your software on our platforms.
- It must not be used for production.
- For production you can get an account via our regular access interface.
How to apply
To apply for a testaccount on the compute platforms of HLRS you have apply for a "small" project through our HLRS online proposal submission with the resource limits mentioned above.
In the online form please remark in "Description of your project", that you apply for a "testaccount". Your proposal file should describe your project. This can be short in the case of applying for a testaccount. A full description will be needed when you apply for a "Follow on Proposal" that should go through the scientific review process.