Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) are now discovering the potentials of simulations on supercomputers to enhance their core business and improve their competitiveness. Thus the needs and requirements for HPC centres start to change. Whilst there was a set of rather classical HPC community members, either scientific or from major industry such as the aerospace or automotive sectors, the type of users and their expectations are about to change.
The FORTISSIMO (Factories of the Future Resources, Technology, Infrastructure and Services for Simulation and Modelling) project exploits and uses the synergies of High Performance Computing and Clouds to address exactly those expectations.
The heart of FORTISSIMO will be a “one-stop-shop” which is a marketplace covering access to simulations and the needed hardware and software as well as to support in terms of a knowledge base and a link to experts in different areas.
In general FORTISSIMO will set up a complete ecosystem for the execution of different experiments which will use and evaluate the facility within three phases (starting with 20 experiments in the first phase).
Core Project Partners
- The University of Edinburgh (UEDIN, UK)
- SCAPOS AG (SCAPOS, D)
- Bull SAS (BULL, FR)
- Grand Equipement National de Calcul Intensif (GENCI, FR)
- Institut National de Recherche en Informatique et en Automatique (INRIA, FR)
- Universität Stuttgart (USTUTT, D)
- Consorzio Interuniversitario CINECA (CINECA, IT)
- Surfsara BV (SARA, NL)
- XLAB Razvoj Programske Opreme in Svetovanje D.O.O (XLAB, SL)
- ARCTUR Racunalniski Inzeniring D.O.O (ARCTUR, SL)
- Fundacion Centro Tecnologico de Supercomputaction de Galicia (CESGA, ES)
- Gridcore AB (GOMPUTE, SW)
- INTEL GmbH (INTEL, D)
Dr. Ing. Bastian Koller
Höchstleistungsrechenzentrum Universität Stuttgart
Nobelstraße 19, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany