The 3D-Combustion Simulation Code RECOM-AIOLOS is a tailored simulation environment for the modeling of industrial furnaces and boilers. The code is developed in co-operation with IVD at the University of Stuttgart.
The physical/chemical models and numerical methods available in RECOM-AIOLOS have been carefully selected and optimized for the simulation of reacting flows:
- 3D-Steady State and Time-Dependent Model Description.
- Multi-Domain Technique for the coupling of cartesian, cylindrical, and body-fitted meshes.
- Higher-Order Differencing Schemes.
- SOR-, SIP- and CG-Solution Algorithms.
- k,ε- and differential Reynolds-Stress turbulence model.
- Multi-Fuel Model (gaseous, liquid, and solid fuels).
- Global reaction scheme considering particle drying/evaporation, char burnout pyrolysis and volatiles/gas combustion.
- Particle size distribution from milling devices of solid fuels can be considered.
- NOx-, SOx-Formation Model.
- Detailed Chemistry for Gas Combustion and H2S/SO3-Corrosion Prediction.
- Slagging and Fouling Model for combustion chamber and superheaters.
- Radiation Models: Discrete Transfer, Discrete Ordinates, Finite Volume.
- Optimized for parallel vector computers (PVP) and massively parallel computers (MPP) with shared and distributed memory.
- High Performance on SX-9 as well as Linux-Clusters with explicit communication (MPI).
Free Open Source Pre- and Postprocessing Tools are used for the setup of the furnace or boiler model and examination of the simulation results. Support for these Open Source Tools is delivered directly from RECOM Services.
Dr.-Ing. Benedetto Risio
RECOM Services GmbH
Phone: +49-711- 68 68 91 41
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Günther Scheffknecht
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Uwe Schnell
IVD/University of Stuttgart
HPC Center Stuttgart