- In each institute/department there's a single contact person (Institute's Administrator), who takes care of all the following.
- If there's nobody yet, someone has to be nominated. Please use this contact-form to define the contact person.
- The contact person has access to the administration interface (password restricted).
- Through this interface, the contact person can define new projects and new user-logins.
- Accounting is done through projects. Each user is associated to a default project. A user can have billed projects as well as reviewed projects simultaneously.
- Each project is associated with a group id, a group name, and an account name.
- The account name is identical to the group name.
- The default project is defined by the default group id.
- If a user is logged-in to a system he/she can use the command id to see all group ids and associated group names.
- With each compute job submission, the accounting project can be specified. Please see the online documentation for more information.
- If a user is associated with more than one project, the user is responsible to always use the correct project. There's no retroactive change of the project affiliation for a job.
The HLRS platforms are billed according to the categories and rules in the "Entgeltordnung" as specified in our Legal Requirements.
Budget at University of Stuttgart
Members of the University of Stuttgart might already have a computing budget as part of the institute's budget. Institutes of the University of Stuttgart can apply for a computing budget at the Central Administration of the University (Dezernat V, Finanzen).
The application form titled Antrag auf Rechenzeit can be found here.